Internet is widely used today to perform many routine tasks. Internet is a world wide network. Each device is assigned a unique IP address to identify it uniquely over the internet. Local network are also created to share the resources like internet, printer etc. Local networks are created in two ways by assigning a static IP to each computer and by configuring a DHCP server to assign dynamic IP address to each computer within a specific range. Some time two computers have same IP address in a network. Therefore, the two computers can not communicate within the network and an error message occur saying there is an IP address conflict on network. In this article we are going to explain about how to resolve IP address conflict on windows based PC. So that we can access internet or other network without any error or issue.
Steps To Resolve IP Address Conflict On Windows.
Some common reason (scenarios) for IP address conflicts are :
- One PC is assigned a static IP address which is conflicting with the range of DHCP server.
- Two different PC are assigned a same static IP address.
- Configure two or more DHCP server and their range is conflicting with each other.
To Resolve IP Conflicts :
- First of all restart your computer, this will normally solve the problem if the IP address is assigned through DHCP server.
2. For static IP use the following method to configure new static IP address.
The solution for the first and second scenario is to change the static IP address which is conflicting with DHCP range or other static IP address.
Also Check:- How To Connect Two Laptop Using LAN Network
Steps To Reconfigure Static IP Address
- Click on the start menu and type control panel in the search bar.
2. In the control panel click on the network and Internet
3. Now the network and sharing center window will appear.
4. On the left sidebar of the windows click on the change adapter setting option.
5. Now you will see all adapters in your network.
6. Right click on the adapter that your are currently used for internet connection and select its properties.
7. Now a dialog will appear, in the networking tab click on the internet protocol version 4 and click on its properties.
8. In the properties we can easily pick the IP address from DHCP server or fill the static IP address.
9. After changing your IP address restart your computer and IP address conflicts are resolved after this.
Method 2:- Release And Renew IP Address.
To release the current IP address follow the steps below.
- Click on the start menu and type command prompt in the search bar and hit enter.
- Now type the following command on the command prompt.
NOTE:- If your computer have static IP address then the operation for above command is failed. Then we have to go for above method to change the static IP address.
3. After this command type the following command to renew your IP address.
4. After that our computer IP address is renew with a new IP from DHCP server and this will resolve the IP address conflicts.
Now IP Address Conflicts should have been resolved.
In conclusion, we hope that this simple guide on How to Resolve IP address conflict on windows PC network helps you in clearing your problem. Please share this article with your friends if you find this useful. For any assistance, please fell free to write to us in the comment section below.